Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Testimony

Ever since I can remember I have been in church.  I have grown up in a Christian home surrounded by godly people.  I was attending Hickory Grove Christian School at the age of six and in first grade.  One day I was at home with my mom and my brother Ryan bonding while my older brother Josh and dad were at the Panthers game.  Ryan said to my mom, “Mommy, I want to ask Jesus into my heart.”  My mom smiled and asked me, “Rachel, do you want to also?” I replied, “No, not today.”  My mom asked me why I did not want to and I did not really have a reason.  However, my mom did not force me to.  I went into the kitchen to get Ryan and I some glasses of water and I felt convicted by the Holy Spirit that it was the time to accept Christ.  I went back and told my mom and she helped me ask Jesus into my heart.  I later got baptized at Hickory Grove Baptist Church where I attended church for about thirteen years.  For the past year and a half, I have attended Elevation Church and partake in community service there to help the needy community around Charlotte.  I have also attended Hickory Grove Christian School sense pre-school.  I strive to do my best at everything I do and to show God through my actions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment