Thursday, February 28, 2013

Leadership in Soccer

Leadership qualities are important when it comes to soccer.  As a senior this year, I was named captain and will have to help the coach along with another captain chosen for the day lead the team to as many victories as possible.  Although we may not be successful every game, we can trust in God and trust in each other and do the best that we possibly can so that we can achieve a victory.  In order to win we must all be committed to coming to practice when our coach plans to have it and work as hard as we can at it.  As the captain, I am going to have to work as hard as I can and set an example of what the coach wants in a player.  I have to work hard and never give up on the ball.  Since I play defense, I am in the back of all of the players and am defending our goal.  Being in the back makes it easier for me to see the field and what is going on.  Since I have a pretty good idea of what is going on, I can guide and direct my teammates in order to help them score and help us win.  Not only will I try to lead by example, but I will also try to set a godly example to my fellow teammates and help them with their spiritual relationships as well.  These are my goals for the upcoming soccer year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment